Tuesday, April 11, 2023

An Elderly Couple At A Walmart Self-Checkout - NaPoWriMo Day 11

 An Elderly Couple At A Walmart Self-Checkout
     by Vito del Valle

An overheard conversation at a Walmart.
An elderly couple are at the self-checkout.

Old man: Can you believe this shit?

Old woman: Yes dear, just go ahead and scan it.

Old man: When did I become a Walmart employee?

Old woman: There's no registers open, can't you see.

Old man: Why do your pull ups cost so much?

Old woman: I like how they fit, not too tight in the crotch.

Old man: Why can't you just try to hold your piss?

Old woman: How about when you go, you try not to miss.

Old man: You know, it's been ten years since we've had sex.

Old woman: You need to learn to complain a little less.

Old man: The world has really gone to hell.

Old woman: No, just you and me as far as I can tell.

Note: On prompt. I'm sure this conversation really happened. Poem #98 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment