Tuesday, April 25, 2023

La Buganvilla y El Perdedor - NaPoWriMo Day 25

La Buganvilla y El Perdedor
     by Vito del Valle

The smell,
     of  your kitchen.
The smile, 
     on your face,
     as you cooked us breakfast.
Freshly made tortillas,
     chorizo and eggs,
     with refried beans.
La buganvilla outside the window,
     would sway in the breeze.
(I was not worthy of this scene.)

You brought me into,
     your home.
Shared your,
     love,
     life,
     love of life.
With me.
(I was not worthy of your love.)

You thought of me,
     throughout the day.
And held me in,
     your thighs,
     at night.
You gave me,
     your body,
     your soul.
And I,
     was nothing more,
     than a,
     perdedor.
(I was not worthy of your soul.)

Note; On Prompt. It's hard to find a woman to fall in love with you when you're a loser. Poem #112 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment