Sunday, April 9, 2023

I Can't Write A Love Song - NaPoWriMo Day 9

 I Can't Write A Love Song
     by Vito del Valle

There was a time I could write a love song,
A woman could always capture my heart.
Now the words escape me, don't come along,
Melodies are gone, lost hold of the art.

I haven't know love in so many years,
There are no women for my obsessions.
Today I fill my songs with fears and beers,
Play sparkling chords of my dark depression.

Still, I dream of the one to break my chains.
Love, to take me back to when I was young.
A tender woman to help ease the pain.
A woman to help me write songs unsung.

I can't write a love song to save my life.
I can't find a woman to call my wife.

Note: Back in the 90s, during the skate punk years, I was a songwriter, had a band. All I did was write love songs for all the girls I was obsessed with. Those were the best years of my life. Now, I find it hard to meet someone. I haven't been in love in 25 years. I've written about this theme before. I've written sonnets before, this one was easy... I need to get out more, meet people. Poem #96 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment