Monday, April 24, 2023

Where Has The Hunger Gone? - NaPoWriMo Day 24

Where Has The Hunger Gone?
     by Vito del Valle

Where has the hunger gone?
Hiding at the back of her mind,
Empty stomach days drag on,
Her memories are blind.
Begging her to have a bite,
Begging her to eat anything,
Always ending in a fight,
Just want her to eat something.

Where has the hunger gone?
She leaves everything on her plate,
Sad to see dementia has won,
And left my mother in this state.
I visit her everyday,
And everyday we play the game,
But her stubbornness I can not sway,
At least she still remembers my name.

Note: Off prompt. I wrote about the argument I have with my mother everyday at the nursing home. Dementia sucks. Makes me sad, but what can you do. It's just part of life. Poem #111 for the year. 

1 comment:

  1. I deal with dementia at my job. Good poem

    ReplyDelete