Saturday, April 22, 2023

Finally Free - NaPoWriMo Day 22

Finally Free
     by Vito del Valle

My nerves are intact.
My brain is relaxed.
Hadn't had a tremor,
     in forever.

Went out twice, 
It was kind of nice,
To see friends,
I hadn't seen,
     in forever.

Had a couple drinks,
Smoked a lil weed,
Lead me to believe,
I think I'm finally free.

Maybe now,
     I'll return calls,
     answer messages,
     leave the house,
     go out.
I think I'm finally free.

Note: Off prompt. I've been feeling good lately. I haven't had an anxiety attack in forever. My therapist thinks I'm doing great. I actually went out this week. I hung out with my old band members, and I went to see the Circle Jerks. Didn't do the prompt, but I read a couple Emily Dickinson poems. I like her work, I'll probably get one of her collections. I'll go to Barnes and Noble, another reason for me to leave the house. Poem #109 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment