Saturday, April 15, 2023

Ride The Rails - NaPoWriMo Day 15

 Ride The Rails
     by Vito del Valle

I've never hopped a train.
It's something that I've always wanted to do.
Woody Guthrie had rambling in his veins,
And I believe I do too.
Hopping a moving train looks dangerous, 
But the journey feels so romantic.
The tracks crisscrossing the country serve their purpose,
Connecting dreams from the Pacific to the Atlantic.
Vagrants, hobos, and runaways call it home.
Criminals use it as a means of escape.
I imagine it could fulfill my urge to roam, 
And the want to see this country's landscape.
I'm to old and centered to hop a train, 
But I'm enthralled with all that it entails.
Bitter that I've lived my life in vain,
And I never took the time to ride the rails.

Note: Off prompt. One of my regrets is that I never rode the rails. Poem #102 for the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment