Saturday, April 1, 2023

My Name On The Cover - NaPoWriMo Day 1

 My Name On The Cover
     by Vito del Valle

I've always dreamt of my name on a book
Hardback or paperback, filled with my words
     Forty years later, I write in my nook
     Obsessed with adjectives, verbs I mistook
Forming ideas, the feelings they stirred

Maybe someday my dream will come true
Life passes by and the bills are all due
     Just one book with my name on the cover
     One of many, for someone to discover
I'm writing to create something brand new

Fifty-two years old and living a daydream
Putting down words and deriving a theme
     For the moment to have my name in print
     I'll never be famous, wont make a mint
I hunger for the world to hear me scream

Note: First day participating in NaPoWriMo 2023, I'm excited. Not really used to using prompts, I can always come up with something to write about, but I thought I'd give it a try. Poem #88 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment